Friday, September 5, 2008

She climbs

For awhile I took Bailey to the daycare at the gym while I worked out. The first day that I took her, I walked into the room and took a careful look around the room. I immediately recognized that Bailey was going to LOVE this room because it was filled with climbing opportunities. She was only 20 months old and none of the other kids in the room (walking to 22 months) were anywhere near as physically coordinated as she was. I spoke to the daycare provider in the room and shared that Bailey was a climber. Her response? "Oh, they're all climbers." I proceeded to explain that Bailey was not your average toddler climber - she's climbed on top of the piano at home. She was a CLIMBER. I then pointed out every area that I thought would be a hazardous area for her. They assured me that it was all going to fine (silly mommy). When I returned 1.5 hours later, the entire room had been rearranged - all of the climbing opportunities had been removed - and the provider said, "she's a CLIMBER". I just smiled and nodded my head.

We've got a new climbing toy in our backyard. Bailey's mastered it, but LOVES it. She makes us sit and watch (if we stand she points to the ledge and says, "mama, sit!"). Bailey's a climber!

1 comments:

Heather said...

I have only seen those at public playgrounds, i had no idea they sold them for home use. My kids would love them!
-h