Friday, September 5, 2008

School Days

Bailey will start preschool next Tuesday. I am still a little shocked about this. We had parent orientation yesterday where we met the other parents and got all of our school information. It's interesting - I actually already knew two of the parents.

I was in yoga with the mom of one girl while we were pregnant. It's kind of funny, this mom and I have run into each other a number of times. We both sat on a panel at the hospital for a breastfeeding class. We've run into each other at Borders and Costco. Then, I walked into the parent orientation yesterday and discovered that our girls are going to be in class together. We've exchanged phone numbers and e-mail addresses at least 3 times - and then lost them. Now, our phone numbers are on a class list. We'll be better at keeping track of the numbers and will see each other more frequently.

Last spring, Bailey was in soccer with one of the boys in her class - his name is Camden. He definitely listened to the coach better than Bailey did. Which means that he listened to the coach more than once. I hope that Bailey will listen more than once in school - my fingers are crossed.

I did apologize to all of the other parents right away. You see, last March, as I was walking out to the car and carrying Bailey and my purse and a cup of coffee and who knows what else (probably the kitchen sink and the fridge), I dropped something on the ground and said, "ah crap". About 2 milliseconds later, Bailey said, "aw cwap". I just groaned - ugh! And thought I'd try not to even make a big deal out of it. I thought that I'd pulled it off because I didn't hear it again. Until about 3 weeks later when Bailey dropped a toy on the floor and announced, "aw cwap". And (yes, I'm confessing) I let out a laugh. And then I suggested that she use another expression. And then she used it again. Well, we've had a "cwap-free" summer until 2 days ago when I was setting up the new climbing toy. She dropped one of the pieces on the ground and said, "aw cwap" and I just about died. We had a talk and she knows that she shouldn't use that word, but I don't have high hopes. So - I apologized to the parents for my daughter's language and expressed that I'm hopeful that she won't teach this word to all of their children. In my defense - at least it's not the "F" word!

But, I digress. The real point of this post is that we have begun the school festivities. School begins on Tuesday, but today was open house. Bailey had a blast, met a couple of new "buddies" (Anna and Kira) and is looking forward to next week. I can't believe it's starting!! Oh, and we did learn that Bailey will get to bring something for show and tell every Tuesday. This is going to be an exciting year - as long as she doesn't get expelled for her foul mouth!

1 comments:

Heather said...

1st- what a cute outfit! Im so jealous my daughter isnt a girly girl and let me dress her up, but i guess i am not one either so she just gets it from me.

2nd- we have parent orientation tomorrow and school starts monday. its only twice a week for 3 hrs, but i am freaking out!!!!

-h