Friday, September 5, 2008

I can sew!

When I was growing up my parents owned a gymnastics academy. My mother made leotards and sold them at the gym and offered my sisters and I the opportunity to earn a little money sewing the seams. Well, I did one leotard and got canned. My mother's announcement was that it would cost her more to rip the seam out and restitch it than it would for her to just take the time to sew the leo. She was probably right.

Bailey and I were at Ben Franklin about a month ago and she saw this pumpkin quilt and said that she liked it. I looked at it and thought it just looked like a bunch of straight lines and I should be able to handle that, so I purchased the kit and brought it home. The first time that I read the instructions I couldn't translate it - it looked like Greek. The second time that I read the instructions (about 3 weeks later) it made sense, and I sewed the quilt together in just 4 days. Here is the result:

1 comments:

Heather said...

Had to laugh at the getting fire dpart, but you totally redeemed yourself with this blanket and super cute. I cant even sew a button back on, lol!
-h