Monday, September 8, 2008

Is that my little girl?

Bailey started dance on Saturday and it was beautiful! We were a few minutes early so that she could observe, but she didn't need it - she's a big girl (duh, mom). For the first 22 minutes, Bailey actually did everything that the teacher asked her to do. I don't think that she has performed that task (of following directions) since she was born, and even that was a forced obedience (via c-section). Oh, and I actually know the instructor. I've directed her in shows and played a number of rehearsals for another show that she was in.

Back to Bailey, about 1/2 way through the class, Bailey went to the teacher and told her that she needed to use the toilet - so I took her into the bathroom, but she had a pull up on so I was sure that she was just fooling us. SURPRISE - she was dry and actually did use the toilet - I was STUNNED!!

Needless to say, I sat there as a proud mom watching my girl be like a bunny and wave her arms like a tree and thought about what a beautiful little person she is becoming. I just love her spirit and love her spunk (with the exception of when she tells me, "I'm not going to do that mom") and just soaked it in.

Oh, and when you see her looking behind the instructor, it's because there's a wall length mirror that she just loved to watch. She couldn't take her eyes off of herself.

Here's some video of my tiny dancer:






1 comments:

Heather said...

Awww Im so happy for you and her. I am glad you finally got into class, i know you were looking forward to it and how cute is she? Love the video!
-h