Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Smooky!!

Picture it - Olympia, 1999. I'd just recently moved to Seattle and made a daytrip to visit family. I think that Cassidy was about 4 years old. Most people who remember her as a little one remember that she came up with some really cute words and pronunciations. She is the reason that we have Momo and Tree Tree (Kristi), and for quite some time she called herself "Duckie" (but if you called her Duckie she'd say, "No - it's DUCKIE", so I'm certain that she thought she was saying Cassidy). Anyway, it was nearly Halloween and she was at the kitchen table coloring and I asked her what she was drawing. Her response was, "I'm drawing Smooky things, Kim." I have called anything "spooky" smooky ever since.

Fast forward to today - Bailey's Halloween costume arrived. Yes, I realize it's still August, but I LOVED it and didn't want to miss out on this costume. As soon as it arrived she had to put it on - she calls it her "scary" - I say it's "Smooky". Want to see what she's gonna be for Halloween? Well, here it is - but don't get too smooked!!




3 comments:

Growing Up Rutledge said...

that is the least smookiest thing I've ever seen.

Heather said...

this girl is on a roll with outfits! lucky her! she looks great!
-h

Miki said...

i love halloween costumes! :) not smooky at all!