Thursday, August 7, 2008

Another Ear Infection

Well, swim lessons have led to swimmer's ear - an ear infection in the outer ear and (apparently) even more painful than one involving the ear drum. Bailey was sort of crabby yesterday. And then, during her bath, she lost it (right after Adam rinsed her hair). And grabbed her ear crying, "it hurts me, it hurts me." Further inquiry brought out that her ear hurts. So - we had the doctor come out and sure enough - ear infection. So, we'll be missing a few days of swim lessons (she was really having fun with it, too) and we'll lay a little low for the day. I am thankful that she's only had 3 ear infections since her tubes were put in last year. However, I thought that she'd have no ear infections with the tubes so I'm having to adjust my expectations for ear tubes. Feel better quick Bailey!!

2 comments:

La Nuit Étoilée said...

Hope her ears are better! My 7-yr-old had this earlier this summer. There are products to help prevent it, but, you have to remember to use them (that's our downfall).

Heather said...

awww thats too bad, i know she was loving the water time. Hope all is well soon!
-h