Thursday, August 7, 2008

Bailey Sings the Blues



It has been an exciting week in the Dare household. I've decided that growth is a combination of "2 steps forward and 1 step back" and then "stand still, oh wait, run forward". This week is a 2 steps running forward week. The most exciting news is that Bailey has begun toilet training herself. Without getting too much into the "gory" details, she has been in underwear all week during the day and has been "listening to her body" (as Elmo instructs in one of "our" favorite videos - Elmo's Potty Time). He tells us that when our body tells us that we need to go to the toilet that we should listen to it. Of course, accidents happen (as Grover and Elmo sing) but you just move on from them. It's been exciting to see her do this on her own and the amount of pride that she's taken in it. Truth was, I was beginning to think that I'd have to wait until she graduated from high school before this process began, so I'm very excited. I'm sure that it could still take some time to "perfect" the process, but we're well on our way now and feeling very happy!

She's also been singing songs for us lately. The video in this post has a number of her favorites - Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, My Friends Tigger & Pooh, Veggie Tales, Itsy Bitsy Spider and Pattycake. If she had her way, these would be the songs on her iPod. When you listen, note how she gets "stuck" on the first two lines of the Veggie Tales song - I apologize for the laugh that I let out!! I should note that there's a lot of "chatter" between she and I that I didn't edit - my editing software was "acting up" so I just threw all caution to the wind and uploaded all of it. Also - when you see her reach over the camera when I start singing, that's her putting her hand over my mouth to tell me to shut up! Such a bossy girl already.

2 comments:

La Nuit Étoilée said...

I'm jealous that you can edit videos at all--I haven't the slightest clue!

Little singing voices are the best...

Heather said...

The true talent is singing with the paci in her mouth, lol! cute video. nice to put voices with the faces.

-h