Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Two buddies

Bailey and Makenzie have hit it off almost from the start. I think that because they were the first two in the playgroup to be mobile, they connected in their ability to separate themselves from everyone else. Whatever the reason, they have had a very special bond. So - Lindsay and I started trading babysitting when we had appointments. And then, when I was swamped with work, Lindsay and Makenzie came over three days a week to play with Bailey (I could not have accomplished all that I did without their help). Bailey calls her "Kiki" and frequently calls for her when she wants out of her crib and no one else is responding (Kiki, Johnny, and Zoe are the first on the list - then it just depends...some other names are Momo, Grandma, Addison, Donner[Johnny's cat], and Tree Tree). Well, Kiki's family is moving to Vancouver, WA and Bailey and Kiki had their last playdate today. I felt a little sad when I realized that. I know that many people will come and go from Bailey's life. And, I know that she will connect with many other friends in the future. There's just something special (to me) in a first friend. Here are a couple of pictures from today. They just make me smile!

1 comments:

Heather said...

Soooooooooo cute and so sad at the same time.
-h