Thursday, May 8, 2008

Not for the squeamish

For over 2 years (2.5, to be exact) I've had this raw video from Bailey's birth - the actual birth - the c-section - and haven't had much gumption to sit and edit it. I watched when she was a year old and was amazed by the video. Kristi (my sister) was in the OR with Adam and I and did all of the taping. Yes, it gets a little jumpy at times, but if you'd been up for 2 days and had adrenaline from an event like this you'd be jumpy all of the time - trust me! Finally, this week, I imported the video and went to the task of editing. I'm sure that I could edit down even more, and probably will, but for now I'm happy with it. There are moments where you see some blood, but no guts. It definitely isn't for anyone who's nervous watching Trauma - Life in the ER, bit it's really fairly tame. If you're interested in watching what a real c-section looks like, or how Bailey was born, you can find the video HERE. Note that it is about 9 minutes long - you may want to click on the link and then get a cup of coffee while it loads. If you're on dial up, you may want to click on the link and then go on vacation for a week while it loads (he he).

1 comments:

julie said...

That's amazing. I had a c-section, too... but I never really thought about what it looked like. Now I know. :) Thanks for sharing.