Friday, May 9, 2008

Bailey-isms

I thought I'd try to recall a number of her favorite "Words" and phrases. I plan to keep better lists as they really are very cute (and, I'm not even slightly biased).

"I darfed"

"I kickee de ball"

"Cash" She is saying "Catch" and has a ball in her hand at this time. The frightening thing is that Catch doesn't always follow the ball throw - frequently the ball has already been launched. Even more frequently, it's been launched at your head.

"Daddeeee....are you?" (when she's looking for someone to come get her out of her crib. She will often run through the list of people she knows if I haven't gotten to her quick enough - all the way down to her cousin Johnny [perhaps her favorite person in the world]. Um, yeah, I'm sure that he'll be super helpful in getting her out)

coot baby (cute baby)

Mommy: Bailey, look who it is...
Bailey: It's a baby Jesus (when looking at Baby Maisy)

Bailey calling for Johnny's cat (named Don), "Donner" This was just after Christmas, so I think she was thinking of one of Santa's reindeer. She still calls for him from our house - apparently he has great hearing.

Foofoo (this was what she called Goofy until just after Christmas)
Mimmie (Minnie Mouse)
A-icky Mouse (Mickey Mouse)
Goo-noh (Pluto, Mickey's dog)

When we went to Disneyland in December we had booked the trip through Disney, and as part of the package they arrange for one of the characters (or a group of the characters) to call the child. We chose Minne, Mickey and Goofy. After they called and she hung up, she looked at us and said, "A Donald". As if to say, "Um - where was Donald - too selfish to show up for the call?" After that, she'd talk a TON about seeing Donald at DisneyWorld. Ironically - the only time that she saw him, she was asleep. We took the picture anyway.
"I take a baff" (I take a bath - typically she's already naked and in the tub at this point, just waiting for us to add the water).

"Tiggah Pooh Wide" This refers to the Winnie the Pooh ride at both DisneyWorld and DisneyLand. If she could ride it over and over again she would be utterly delighted and life would be even more satisfying.

"I tek a pooh" What she is really saying is, "I want to watch My Friends Tigger & Pooh". It always sounds as if she's referring to bodily functions.

1 comments:

Growing Up Rutledge said...

Tell Bailey that cousin Johnny probably won't help her out of her crib, especially since he still needs help getting out if he gets in Maisy's crib.

Donner, on the other hand, might help her. I'll send him on up...