Thursday, March 15, 2007

Ah Bliss!!

Anyone who knows my Bailey knows that she is busy. In fact, that word doesn’t do her state of busy-ness justice. She is B-U-S-Y. This is a girl who rolled over at 25 days (and it wasn’t a fluke), crawled at 6 months and walked at 8 months. And now - runs!! So, picture this. Bailey, 16 months old, having a little trouble getting to sleep and running laps around her crib at nap time. Mommy (mean lady that she can be) picks her up and tells her that it is nap time because she is very tired. Mommy bounces and rocks with Bailey for about 6 minutes. Bailey falls asleep. Yes, you read correctly - my daughter actually fell asleep in my arms. Now, to appreciate this you must understand that in all of her 16 months the only times that she has fallen asleep in my arms were while nursing until she was about 6 months old. After that, she would not sleep if my hands were touching her. She would sleep in the Baby Bjorn or the Moby wrap if I was wearing her. But, If I was actually holding her it was just too much stimulation for her. So, now you can imagine just how amazing it was to hold my sleeping baby who looked so content. Ah - the bliss of parenthood.

0 comments: