Friday, July 11, 2008

What a Day!

If there's one thing that we have counted as a great blessing, it is that Bailey has always been an amazing sleeper. Since she was 6 months old, she has slept between 10 and 12 hour nights plus naps. She goes to bed easily and wakes up around 9am happy as can be. However, occasionally the fates align poorly and she wakes early. Typically, on a day that I have a deadline to meet and I'm trying to finish up a few little tasks. Yesterday was one of those days, although she didn't get up too much earlier (only 7am). What made yesterday a little different is that we had a full day planned. So - we just started a little early. I'll confess, it was kind of nice because I got extra snuggles in the morning!! Let me outline our day though:


10am - Mommy has a Dr. appointment. The good news - the foot surgery has been claimed to be a great success. I now have 70 degrees of movement in my big toe where it was previously limited to 39.

11am - Children's Museum in Seattle where we played for about an hour.

Noon - Eat lunch (2 mini burgers and fries) at the Seattle Center Food Court

12:30p - Momo and Johnny join us for lunch

1pm - Pacific Science Center with Momo and Johnny - the Dinosaurs!!

2:15pm - Soccer starts up again

3pm - Quick trip into the grocery store

3:15pm - Nap - Bailey was so tired that when we got in her room she pointed at her bed and said, "night night mom" as if to say - just put me in the bed, no rocking, no talking, I'm pooped. Bailey usually sleeps anywhere from 2-3 hours. She slept for 4 1/4 hours!! And - she had to be woken up. I was at rehearsal and Adam went to a concert, so our babysitter was here and finally woke her at 7:30p.

Here are some pictures from today. I think that some day I will compile a video of all of the pictures that I "almost" captured. I have a lot of those. Sometimes photographing a toddler is like trying to capture a still photo of a moving ostrich - I get a lot of the back of her head, or side of her face, or a fuzzy photo because I was trying to click before she was done with whichever activity she'd just completed.

Bailey in a dinosaur footprint!
Johnny and the T-rex teeth.

"I Kickee De Ball!"

1 comments:

Heather said...

aww looks like the day turned out great!

-h