Monday, January 12, 2009

Marathon Weekend - AKA - WE DID IT!!

This weekend was the DisneyWorld marathon weekend. Adam ran the 1/2 marathon on Saturday and I ran the full marathon on Sunday. Here's a quick recap:

First - Adam ran the 1/2 marathon yesterday. He finished in 1:58:19 and was 1766 out of 12,434 finishers (he was 249th place in his Division).

Because I'm verbose, I'll give you more details about mine - it's my style! It was TOUGH, but I was able to run all but 2 miles, and those walking miles were due to knee pain. My muscles and body weren't overly fatigued. I managed to keep my heart rate between 152 and 157 through out and really felt like I ran a smart marathon. When I rounded the corner and saw the finish line, I felt such a swell of pride. Just 2 years ago, I weighed 210 pounds and couldn't run 1 block - now, thanks to the 20/20 program and a lot of hard work, I've run a marathon. It feels SO amazing!!

I found the result today - I finished in 6:16:13 and was 12,665 out of 14,940 finishers and 827th place in my Division.

3 comments:

La Nuit Étoilée said...

GREAT WORK, WOMAN!!!

I hope to one day join you as a marathon completer!

Kristi said...

Awesome job!!!! I am so proud of you (I've been quietly watching your progress from the bleachers, so to speak) ;) WOOHOO!

Heather said...

Fantastic Job! I have always wanted to run one and its still one of my goals. Congrats and thanks for the inspiration!
-h