Friday, December 5, 2008

Bailey's First Symphony




We took Bailey to the Seattle Symphony last night for Marvin Hamlisch conducting the Holiday POPS! I was a little nervous, of course...I mean, it is the symphony. I was worried that she'd be super antsy and restless and that everyone around us would have an awful time (and that we'd leave after 3 minutes because everyone was having an awful time). Well - that wasn't the case. Bailey did a great job. The evening was (to some degree) catered to the kids, with Santa Claus and Christmas music. We did leave after the first half, more because it was getting late and we didn't want to press our luck. But most of the people around us (actually, all of the people but one man whom I have some choice names for) said that she did great. This one man was a real Scrooge McDuck - in fact, when we mentioned the comment that he'd made (very unkind man, btw) the people around us had choice words about him. I suspect that the second half was uncomfortable for him. But, I digress! The concert was lovely, Bailey looked absolutely adorable, and she enjoyed the music!

1 comments:

Heather said...

That is fantastic, I remember my mom taking me to the nutcracker when i was a little girl and i remembered it forever. As for the man, there's always got to be 1, lol!
-h